CBD oil effects
There are many types of the plant cannabis, one of which is cannabis sativa, widely known as the marijuana plant. The chemicals found in them are known as cannabinoids. However, cannabis sativa contains a cannabinoid known as cannabidiol. (CBD).
What is CBD oil?
CBD oil has gained popularity in the recent years due to the debates about legalising marijuana all over the world. Along with this, physical and mental health benefits of the CBD oil keep it in the spotlight of scientific research. It is known to have many positive effects on the body due to its properties for anti-aging, preventing depression, improving skin etc.
Due to the constant research being done on the CBD oil, it continues to gain increasing attention in the medical field. Studies have shown that it has medicinal properties that can be used to treat different conditions. Thus, we have dedicated this article to some of the effects of the CBD oil.
Effects of CBD oil
1. Fights against cancer: Recent studies suggest that CBD oil might be beneficial against cancers and tumours. According to a research, it stops the growth and proliferation of certain tumours like those of cervical cancer. The CBD oil works as an anti-tumour agent in certain kinds of leukaemia by destroying the tumour growth; in some cases, it was also directly injected into the tumours. The anti-oxidants present in them reduce one’s risk of developing cancer.
2. It relieves pain: The CBD oil has analgesic properties; this means it prevents one from feeling pain. It does so by two mechanisms. Firstly, it blocks the pain receptor pathway, reducing one’s sensation to the pain. Secondly, it induces some parts of the brain to release neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin. These neurotransmitters are essential for ‘feeling good’ and happiness. Thus CBD oil can be used to relieve chronic and postoperative pain.
3. Improves cardiovascular function: A study done on animals proved that the CBD oil helped stabilizing their heartbeat, and prevented arrhythmias (irregular rhythm of the heart). It can also reduce the risks of hypertension by increasing the elasticity of blood vessels, which in turn increases their diameter. This is hypothesized to prevent a high cardiac load on the heart, thus preventing cardiac muscle myotrophy. It can also prevent cardiac muscle death.
4. Improves mental health: CBD oil induces the release of the ‘feel good’ neurotransmitters; dopamine and serotonin. Not only does this help in treating depression, the CBD oil has resulted in eliciting a quicker response than common anti-depressants. It can also help reduce the symptoms of social anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Studies also show that it can help reducing stage fright associated with public speaking.
5. Promotes healthy skin: Skin types can be broadly classified into two major types: dry and oily. Most skin problems associated with oily skin is due to excessive release of oil underneath the skin cell, causing acne and pimples. CBD oil reduces the lipids synthesized by these cells, thus is used to treat acne. Dry skin problems like eczema and psoriasis might also be treated by the CBD oil, however the scientific evidence regarding this is insufficient.
6. Helps control insulin level: Usage of CBD oil has shown to lower the risk of diabetes and obesity. According to research, the CBD oil reduces the fasting insulin levels in one’s blood. This reduced reduces cholesterol formation and fat accumulation. Consequently, this helps maintain a healthy weight. Along with this, it helps improve the response of pancreatic cells to insulin, which can be crucial in treating insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (Diabetes type I).
7. Improves brain health: It reduces the risk of neurodegenerative diseases. Some of the most common neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease are caused by the accumulation of the protein amyloid chains on the neurons (brain cells), and causing their degeneration. CBD oils have shown to prevent that. In lab tests done on rats, CBD oil even reversed the symptoms of these diseases, unlike medicines. It is also expected to treat the Huntington’s disease.
8. Treats epilepsy: While epilepsy remains a field of major research, there are very few medications permanently curing the seizures, especially without any major side effects. While there has not been any breakthrough in the pharmaceutical medications, high doses of the CBD oil has shown vast improvement in treating epilepsy. In a survey, after 3 months of taking 98 percent CBD oil extract along with seizure reducing medicines, the occurrence of seizures reduced by 50 percent in children. Despite this helping children get better sleep, and preventing mood swings, high doses of CBD oil did cause drowsiness and fatigue too.
9. Maintains a healthier gastrointestinal tract: There is a number of effects that the CBD oil has on one’s digestive system. It acts on the hunger and satiety centers in the brain and controls appetite. Although CBD oil, in high doses, causes nausea, when taken in low doses, it is helpful in treating nausea and vomiting. It can also reduce the gravity of some food sensitivities. Irritant Bowl Syndrome (IBS), whose medications ar not always helpful, might also be treated by the CBD oil.
10. Promotes quality sleep: The CBD oil can treat insomnia. Not only this, other disorders affect a person’s sleeping patterns can also be treated. It is usually applied on the chest before going to bed.
11. Treats drug addiction: In lab tests, done on rats, results showed that using CBD oil alters the neuronal activity of the brain in such a way that it becomes easier to give up an addiction. The CBD oil has been successfully used in clinical trials to reduce drug and cigarette addiction.
Side effects of CBD
While there are not many known side effects of CBD oil, due to the lack of research, there are some which have manifested after medium to long-term heavy dosage. They are listed as follows:
- Dry mouth
- Vomiting and nausea
- Changes in appetite
If you think you need to use CDB oil, we recommend you to consult your physician before taking it up.
IN THE MEDIA
Public interest in Pure CBD was aroused by a recent CNN report on medical marijuana by several Liscensed Doctors. Previously some skepticism on medical marijuana, a few admitted to having been "brainwashed" by government propaganda.
CNN featured the story of a 5-year-old girl, Charlotte Figi, who suffered continual epileptic seizures from a rare disease known as Dravet's syndrome. Conventional treatment having failed, Charlotte's condition dramatically improved after she was treated orally with an extract of CBD-rich cannabis.
Works wonders to reduce stress and anxiety during pressure situations
As a patient of intermittent depression, anxiety and panic is the hard reality. When all medication failed, I was prescribed a Cannabidiol Treatment. I discovered Pure CBD Oil and after reading its benefits and the fact that it was legal across the states, I was sure that this was the right supplement. The results have been amazing, reduced the arthritis and chronic pain in my wrists allowing me to perform better at my work.
-Erica, South Carolina
Finally a Cannabidiol Oil that is medically validated & absolutely "Legal"!
Being a Wall Street Broker, stress and anxiety are a way of life, often having a very negative impact on the overall quality of life. Pure CBD Oil was recommended to me by a fellow trader and since then things have been so much better. Even during the most intense of trades and in-between serious number crunching, I am manage to remain calm and in-turn take better decisions!
-Wayne F., New York
By far the most powerful Cannabidiol Oil in the market today!
Cannabis used to always spell "High" to me and hence I avoided using the products in the market for reducing anxiety and stress. When someone recommended Pure CBD Oil, I gave them a try and was amazed to experience a relief from my knee arthritis and less anxiety without the feeling of being high. Its anti-oxidant supports helps me stay focused.
-Gianni L.,Los Angeles